I don't have a lot of interesting things to report, but noticed my blog has been the same for a while so I thought I would do the New Year Tag from Melissa's Blog.
Tag: New Year
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I lost over 20 pounds. I have never been as heavy as I was in 2006-2007 and have never lost that much weight. It was one of my last years goals (which is still in progress, I have about 15 more pounds to go. Just to get pregnant and put it all back again. )
2. Did you keep all of your last years goals? The only goal that I kept was losing weight. I have decided just to make one goal every year from now on. Focus on that one, but also make more mini goals of things I would like to do better. This year my main goal is to have a missionary experience. Those who know me well at all know how much the gospel means to me, but how terrified I am to share it. I have always been afraid that I would offend someone. But I am hoping this year I will have the opportunity to share it and bless someones life by doing so.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Actually no not this year. However in 2005 and 2006 each of my sisters and sister in laws on both sides of my family did. IT was crazy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
I never go anywhere. Not because lack of interest, but lack of funds.But Eric and I are still good at going on lots of fun local adventures with our kids. Maybe this year my family will venture to Canada. I think my kids would really like that.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More money, so things weren't always so tight, and more time. I always feel like there isn't enough time in a day.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Same as number one. Losing over 20 pounds. I have made that goal so many years, and this time I actually achieved it. IT makes me more confident in setting goals and believing I could achieve them.
8. What was your biggest failure? I love to budget, and I don't think I did the best with our finances this year. Times got to hard we had a crazy year, and I wish I didn't let things fall apart. I have learned a lot though and plan to be way more on top of it this year.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing worth noting. But I did fall down the stairs with Blake in my arms. That was quite a tumble. I had a black eye and a stiff neck for a while. People thought Eric was beating me:)
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My new vaccum. I had a horrible vacuum for the last couple of years. It didn't ever pick anything up, unless I used the hose. Can you imagine vacuuming your whole house with a vacuum hose. It stinks.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and fixing up our house.This year seems to be the year were everything in my house started falling apart. We painted our house this summer. Our dishwasher broke and flooded and ruined our kitchen hardwood floors. So we replaced the dishwasher and have yet to finish the hardwood floors. Our water heater broke, we need a new fence, and have been having a lot of problems with our dryer. However we think it is currently fixed. Someday I would like to have money in savings for not only this kind of stuff, but maybe for other stuff as well, like a nice vacation.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Watching Tommy go to Kindergarten this year, and see how well he is doing. I just love watching that kid grow up. I get so excited over the little things, like watching him learn to read. It is amazing to me.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
happier, thinner, and a tad bit richer (but not by much). Eric is getting a raise this month and another one in March. So that should help. Every little bit helps.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I spent more one on one time with Tommy. Blake can be so demanding of my time and energy that sometimes I feel Tommy gets jipped.I have just decided to sit down with him as soon as Blake takes a nap, before I clean or check blogs or do anything, work on his reading and writing and then let him choose one game to play. This has really been good for him and I noticed how much it means to him. This is hard for me because there is always so much to do and sometimes the only time I can do it is when Blake is asleep. But I know it is worth it in the long run for both of us.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Cleaning. Not that my house is the cleanest house in the world. But sometimes I feel like that is all I do. Whenever I have any free time, I am constantly, frantically trying to get my house clean, because it never stays clean. No wonder I don't have any talents or hobbies.
16. What was the best book you read?
The Book of Mormon. It is usually the only book I have time,actually make time to read.
17. What did you want and get? Smaller Jeans. I am no longer a size 14. Yippeee!!!
18. What did you want and not get? An addition on my house. Or a bigger house.
19. What kept you sane? Eric, my family and friends. When times get frustrating I know I have someone a phone call away to help me through it.
20. What did you miss?
I miss going on dates with Eric. I love my kids more than anything, but I miss my time with Eric. I miss going grocery shopping with him. I miss being in the car with him and not having a kid screaming for our attention. I just miss getting to spend time with him. IT is hard for us to go on any sort of date because I am to scared to ask anyone to babysit. I either think they are to busy, or I don't want to leave Blake with them because I know he will throw a fit when I leave. Some people handle that better than others.