Saturday, February 9, 2008
1. Someday when I grow up I think it would be fun to be a real estate agent. Ever since I bought my first home I have had a passion at looking at homes. I told Eric I think that it is something I would love doing once my kids get older. I would love to specialize in finding first time home buyers a decent home at an a price that they could afford. I love the hunt of finding houses. Even if it is not for me.
2. Eric and I have a stash of halloween candy under our bed. It is so fun to lay in bed, watch TV and have chocolate. It makes us feel like little kids. Like we are being sneaky or something.
3. I have developed a new found love for running. Which is weird because as a kid I dreaded when we had to run the mile.
4. I love finding things on sale. I have a unique way of making a dollar stretch . My nick name in Highschool was Tight -wad, and Eric calls me his (CFN) Chief financial Nazzi. I think that even if I was rich I would still be cheap. I just really enjoy it. Sometimes I worry about being rich and life not being as fun. I know I am not normal.
5. I love to go places with my family. As a kid I would have picked a vacation to Ashton, ID over DisneyLand anyday because of all the fun and memories I had. I hope to have similar family memories with my children as they grow up.
6. I hate suprises. Poor Eric, he always tries to suprise me but it usually never works. I usually know what I am getting for Christmas before Christmas morning. I always have to find out if my baby is going to be a boy/girl, ect. Suprises give me anxiety.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
We got the little ones together on Thursday to play for a few hours.... finally! They were so cute together and Blake has become very comfortable at Cousin Davie's house. He even went upstairs and played with Davie without wanting mom to be by his side. They mostly played cars (since Davie doesn't play much else), had a delicous snack (crackers and bananas), and when mom had to leave for a little bit to go pick up Tommy, Blake didn't even mind... he just had fun posing for pictures with his buddy Davie. Don't they look like twins?... no? Maybe brothers?... no? How about cousins?....??
*Picture look a little familiar? Yep... it's courtesy of Becca. Why should we both do the work?
How long have you been Married? 8 Years. We were married September 4, 1999.
How long did you date? Our first date was in May and we were married in September. So I guess 4 months. I am kind of like my mom, when it is right, it is right. And Eric was my Mr. Right and I knew it from the beginning. What is even crazier though is that we were sharing a bank account after 2 weeks of dating. If I was my daughter I would have told her she was nutz!!
How old is he? Eric is 30 years old this year. And I won't let him forget. Since I am still in my 20's. At least till August.!!
Who is taller? Eric
Who sings better? Definatley Eric. He actually has an amazing voice. Not alot of people know that about him though. My voice, not so amazing and unfourtunatley most of you know that about me!!
Who is smarter? Depends on what. Eric has the higher degree and definatley has more street smarts. I am more smart when it comes to finances or things I am passionate about. But I would have to admit the more I think about it, he is probably smarter.
Who does the Laundry? Mostly me. Unless I get busy and he runs out of underwear. Then he breaks down and does a load so he won't have to go comando the next day. :)
Who does the dishes? Mostly me, but I can not complain because I have one of those rare husbands that loves to cook. So he will often cook if I don't have dinner ready when he comes home and I will clean up.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do and believe I always have. Eric can be kind of anal about things, and that is one of them. And don't even try to switch him pillows because he knows!!!!
Who pays the bills? Me, always have and always will. Eric is totally cool with it. If it was up to Eric, and he will admit this, our finances would be a complete mess and we would be in debt up to our ears. When we were first married the finances became my job. I would pay the bills and then always tell him that we had no more money left over. He was so cute and just believed me. He just figured we were poor newlyweds and that is how it was supposed to be. One day I told him we should go and look at houses. He looked at me and said, yeah right we never have any money. I just smiled. Little did he know we lived off his paycheck and I stashed mine away to savings. By the time we bought our first house I had 15K saved away for a down payment. The funny thing is. Now we really don't have any money. I tell him that all the time, but I think deep down he thinks I have a huge savings stashed somewhere. Poor guy. We really are broke.
Who mows the lawn? It used to be that is was always Eric. The busier he gets the more impatient I get and sometimes I will go out and mow it. You can't get away with long grass in my neighborhood. (Brian will know what I am talking about.)
Who cooks dinner? I try to cook dinner and have it ready for him when he gets home. But like I said earlier, he loves to cook so if it is not ready he enjoys cooking, and is a much better cook than I am.
Who is more stubborn? I would like to say it is a tie. Because we both can be pretty stubborn. But I am probably more stubborn. He usually gives in and is usually the first to say I am sorry.
Who kissed who first? Eric kissed me first. Are you joking, I am not very forward.
Who asked who out? Eric asked me out. Actually I think he felt sorry for me because it was my first Friday night at BYU. I was waiting for a friend to call. He asked me what I was doing that night. I told him I wasn't sure. He invited me to go out to dinner with him and a bunch of his friends. They were celebrating someones b-day. I kept trying to tell him no, beause I was shy and didn't want to go out with a bunch of people I didn't know. He was so persistant though. So I finally gave in and went out with them. I had so much fun with Eric. He was so sweet and made sure I felt comfortable the whole time, since I didn't know anyone. I am so glad he talked me into going out with him. We had so much fun together that we spent every day together after that. What is funny is my friend that I was waiting for to call me that night called me 5 minutes after I walked out the door with Eric. If he would have called sooner, I probably would not have gone.
Who proposed? Eric did. He proposed as we were taking a hike in Utah and Crystal Springs. It was perfect.
Who has more friends? I think it is a tie. We are both pretty social and outgoing. I probably have more really close friends though.
Who has more siblings? It is a tie. Both have 5.
I love you Eric. You are the best and I could not picture my life without you. Thanks for being such an awesome husband, for working so hard and treating me so good. Thanks for being such a wonderful dad as well. You are the best