Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day

It always makes me so sad when Christmas is over. You spend so much time preparing for it, and all the anticipation for the kids, and then the actual day goes by so fast. We had a wonderful Christmas though. Tommy woke up around 8:30am ish. We have a rule, that he has to come wake Mommy and Daddy up before he goes downstairs to see if Santa came. He came in our room and asked " Dad, did Santa come last night?" We woke Blake up and the boys and I snuggled in bed, while Dad went downstairs, lit the fireplace, and made sure Santa came. He came upstairs, and told Tommy that he must have somehow accidentally missed our house. Poor Tommy. He was so sad, until Eric informed him, he was only joking. That Santa did come last night and there were lots of presents downstairs, at which point Tommy jumped out of our bed and we all ran downstairs. Both the boys were so excited.

Blake loved his new Kitchen. But he was so hungry when he first woke up, that he got really mad that all the play food was fake. As soon as we fed him though, he got more into everything. He also loved that he had candy in his stalking. Poor kid, not one piece of chocolate. But he didn't care. He was so excited, he put two suckers in his mouth out once. I figured it was Christmas, so I let him.

Tommy loved everything about Christmas. He loved all his Presents. He loved everything in his stalking, and loved spending the day together playing. He got Lego sets from both his grandparents. So him and Eric were busy putting together Lego's all day long.

For dinner, we had a turkey Dinner with our friends the Stephenson's family. They have become such dear friends to our family. It was a lot of fun. My friend Sandi and I cooked the whole dinner our selves. I cooked my very first Turkey. And if I say so myself, it turned out really yummy and juicy. Of course I got a 17 pound turkey and now we have plenty of turkey leftovers.

With all the excitement of Christmas, we tried to set sometime aside to remember the true meaning of Christmas and why we give gifts. I talked to Tommy and told him how sad it would be if your friends spent a whole month planning a wonderful birthday party for you, planned the food, put up decorations, bought gifts for each other, and then accidentally forgot to invite you to your own party. He seemed to really understand that.

I am so thankful for this time of year to Remember our Savior. I can't imagine my life without him. I am thankful for the gospel in my life. It plays an impact in my life everyday.

Merry Christmas- Here are some of my favorite Pics:



Here are some of my favorite pics.


(Snuggling in mom's bed wile Dad goes downstairs to make sure that Santa came.)


(Christmas before the Chaos)


(Blakes new kitchen. Eating real food, because he was so hungry.)


(Opening Presents. Is it me, or is he starting to get older???? I wish they wouldn't grow up!!)


(Eating two suckers from his stalking. He was so happy to have a stalking full of candy that he could have. Suckers, starburst, and fruit snacks. Poor Kid)


(New power ranger transformers from Great Grandma Stringham)


(New sword and shield made by dad himself. This was one of Tommy's favorite gifts. He thought dad was the coolest.)


(One of Tommys lego sets. Thanks Dad for helping me build it!!!)


(Maria's first turkey. Watch out Martha Stewart- Here I come!!!)


(Dinner with our good friends the Stephenson's family)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're right... Tommy is looking so grown up... :(

Your turkey looks delicious and it sounds so good right now... my stomach is growling!... guess I better go get some more chocolate.

I'm glad that after Blake got some real food he decided he liked his new little kitchen. We'll have to bring Davie over soon to come play!

Glad to hear you had a fun Christmas! I can't believe it's over!

Mark and Jennifer said...

Great pictures! It helps us enjoy your Christmas day vicariously. Blake with two suckers in his mouth make me laugh. And I saw Tommy's shield and sword that Eric made him. Even I would like a pair.