Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve Traditions...

This year we had a wonderful Christmas. It started out with our traditional Christmas Eve at my mom's house. I love Christmas Eve. Like my sister Rebecca said it is one of my favorite holidays ever and has been since I was a little child. It has now become my kids favorite holiday as well. Christmas Eve Tommy woke up and asked when we could go to Grandma's house. We usually don't get together till around 4 or 5pm so it made for a LONG day. I think he asked what time it was every 10minutes. I can't blame him, I kept checking the time too! I look forward to getting together with my family, watching the chaotic childrens nativity, eating yummy food and opening a present. It was a blast!! Here are some pictures that I stole from Rebecca's blog.




** Pictures of the whole cast**





(Don't worry Angel- I know it is sad that he was born in a stable and had no crib for a bed, but it will be okay:)


Mary and Joseph accepting a gift from the Ryan the Wise-Guy



Blake dressed up as a Shepard. Unfortunatly the only way we could get him to agree to do it, is tell him that he was a Jedi/Shepard and he could hold a cane/lightsaber. What do you expect he is 3!!



Audrey made a beautiful Mary!!



And Tommy made a handsome Joseph!!

These pictures make our little nativity look so perfect. But it was actually very chaotic and funny. As I said, we had to be creative to get Blake and some of the others to dress up. Jenna wanted to be a princess so she was an angel princess. When Tommy (Joseph) and Audrey (Mary) walked in they brought baby Jesus with them. We had to remind them that baby Jesus came later. Blake kept fighting bad guys off with with his cane. Half way through the play we lost our two of our angels. Catie walked off and decided to play with the toys and we couldn't find Emily anywhere. We ended up finding her upstairs eating all the food. I guess these angels got bored and hungry. My dad video taped it and we plan on watching these videos through the years. IT will be fun to show them to the kids when they are teenagers.

4 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

Yep, it is always chaotic! We have all the chaos on video! But, they are fun memories!

The J's said...

This blog made me cry, hearing how exciting it was for you and how much fun the kids had... and we were supposed to be there for it this year. I really want to get to the family reunion, or I'd start planning on getting there next Christmas, don't think we could afford 2 trips in 1 year!!

The J's said...

This blog made me cry, hearing how exciting it was for you and how much fun the kids had... and we were supposed to be there for it this year. I really want to get to the family reunion, or I'd start planning on getting there next Christmas, don't think we could afford 2 trips in 1 year!!

Annalisa and Jacob said...

I love the Jedi/Sheperd! The look on his face is priceless